Rich Paneer Curry With Cashew Nut Butter
Paneer Butter Masala is a typical Punjabi dish loved and eaten by all. The soft alluring paneer chunks are cooked with rich creamy cashew butter and tomato gravy. This is the most famous dish when it comes to Indian Cuisine. The below recipe is one that is extremely easy to make yet delicious to taste.
- 200 g Paneer cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 chopped tomatoes medium size
- 9-10 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds (Shajeera)
- ½ inch ginger chopped or grated
- 1 green chili chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- 5 tbsp butter
- Firstly, add some butter and oil into the pan and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add onions, tomatoes, cashew nuts, green chillies, salt for taste, Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, and mix well until it gets cooked.
- Allow the mixture to cool and add into a blender to make it into a smooth puree.
- Take a wok, add butter into it, oil and heat it.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder and saute it twice on low flame.
- Add the blended onion tomato cashew puree.
- Add sugar, coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, and salt.
- Keep the stove in low flame until oil appears.
- Add paneer, chopped coriander leaves, and crushed Kasthoori methi.
- Mix well and cook the masala on low flame for a minute.
- Sprinkle fresh cream/malai on the paneer butter masala and leave it in low flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now the dish is ready to be served.
- Serve it with chappati, paratha, tandoori roti or naan and enjoy!